1. CouFrac2020 goes fully virtual!!
We hope that you, your family and community are keeping safe and well at this difficult time due to COVID-19. With continued outbreak of CORONA, we decided to host the CouFrac2020 as a fully virtual event. This decision is based on the current situation around the globe and it is very likely that many of international participants will not be able to travel to Korea. Since domestic participants and some of international participants can still attend the event, we will also have simultaneous offline meeting as well.
We strongly believe that the virtual CouFrac2020 event is an opportunity rather than a setback. Through the virtual CouFrac2020, we see a great advantage such as;
- Saving great amount of travel times,
- Access to all the presentations in parallel sessions through recorded video
- Access to presentation files (contingent on presenters’ consent)
- Better interactions between presenter and audiences & among participants through online Q&A and match making.
- Significantly reduced registration fees
We will make every efforts to make the virtual CouFrac2020 as an example of scientific conferences.
2. Extended abstract is open to everyone, and due by 1 Oct
We received 90 abstracts from 16 countries so far. However, given the uncertain situation related to CORONA, we decided to accept the extended abstract from the authors who did not submit the abstract.
More detailed instruction about the virtual CouFrac2020 and changed schedule will be posted soon.
Thank you for your strong support and interest in CouFrac2020 and we look forward to seeing you either virtually or in person in November.
Jonny Rutqvist, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, USA (Conference, Chair)
Antonio Rinaldi, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Switzerland (Co-Chair)
Hideaki Yasuhara, Ehime University, Japan (Co-Chair)
Ki-Bok Min, Seoul National University, Korea (Chair of Local Organizing Committee)
Eui-Seob Park, Korea Institute of Geoscience and Mineral Resources, Korea, (Co-Chair of Local Organizing Committee)
Hyung-Mok Kim, Sejong University, Korea (Secretary General)